In today’s economic environment, CFO’s and controllers are often under constant pressure to do more with less. Cassady Schiller specializes in providing assistance to publicly traded and private equity companies with their accounting, financial reporting and internal control compliance.
Our range of services includes:
- Preparation of income tax provisions, including documentation of uncertain tax positions
- Consultation on accounting issues, including the accounting for stock compensation, pension plans, derivative instruments, restructurings, foreign currency translation, segment reporting, equity method investments and consolidation of voting and variable interest entities
- Assistance with monthly closings including preparation and review of account reconciliations
- Preparation of goodwill and long-term asset impairment documentation
- IPO assistance including preparation of financial statements, management discussion and analysis, documentation and implementation of accounting policies and procedures and documentation and testing of internal controls
- Assistance with SEC reporting, including initial and secondary equity/debt filings, periodic reporting (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K) and responses to SEC comment letters
- Assistance with writing the Management’s Discussion and Analysis section of the SEC financial reports
- Preparation of closing and opening balance sheet, including purchase price allocations for both financial reporting and income tax purposes
- Preparation of pro-forma financial statements for 8-K purposes and financial statement footnote disclosure
- Preparation of carve-out financial statements in connection with divestitures
- Assistance with Section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance including:
- Documenting the internal controls in place
- Testing and monitoring the controls
- Identifying and evaluating internal control deficiencies
- Making suggestions for improvements in internal controls
Due to independence requirements, most often companies cannot turn to their independent auditing firm to perform these services. That is where Cassady Schiller can help. With its experienced team of professionals, several of whom worked previously for the Big 4 accounting firms or publicly held companies, Cassady Schiller can help companies meet these needs. Cassady Schiller offers a quality level of service but without the cost of a Big 4 firm.
Although our relationship with Cassady Schiller is a business relationship, it is wonderful when that relationship becomes a true, mutually beneficial partnership and friendship. It is a great feeling to walk into Cassady Schiller and feel like one of the family where we support each other not just through our business endeavors, but also through personal issues, charitable opportunities, etc. One of my personal highlights each year is when we have the opportunity to drop off dinner at Cassady Schiller toward the end of tax season… just a small way to say hello and thank you to our friends at Cassady Schiller!